Thursday, September 27, 2012

To Care or Not to Care.

       I have noticed that the question "Should the government provide child care for working parents?" sparks a lot of controversy, not only for parents but people of all ages. I personally believe that the government should provide child care. Every parent needs someone to watch over their child while they work, but some people can not afford it on their own. For example, a single parent with a low paying job might not be able to afford to pay someone or have any family members to watch their kid every day. I know my mom was very lucky that my aunt was available to watch me during the day because my mom worked from morning to night.
       Another reason I believe child care should be provided is that it keeps children safe and productive. If they were at home by themselves while their parents were at work, it would not only be unsafe but also unhealthy. At least while the children were at day care they could run around and play or do something educational. I believe should put aside the thought of "paying more taxes" and start thinking about building up future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment