Friday, October 5, 2012

Paradise City

     This is has been very difficult subject for me to write about, because music has impacted my life so much. It took me all week to think of a way to attack this assignment, but I think I finally figured it out.
I love ALL types of music. Every genre and type of music could be found on my iTunes. I listen to everything from country to hip hop, and classical to rock 'n' roll. I also have a favorite artist and a favorite song in every single category so it makes it extremely hard for me to choose.
    I finally chose classic rock. I enjoy classic rock very very much. It was the music I grew up listening to and the music I still listen to on a daily base. Most of the bands/groups I love from is category are Guns N Roses, The Eagles, Queen, Def Leppard, The Beatles, Areosmith, Lynyrd Skyard, Pink Floyd and honestly the list could just keep going. I find comfort and joy in older music like this, because it just makes me happy and takes me to my childhood. It reminds me of my mom quizzing me in the car when I was younger and giving me a dollar every time I guessed the band correctly.
     This genre of music has helped me through many situations in my life and it gives me inspiration to keep going. I just hope that future generations get a chance to experience this music. I hope it impacts them as much as it has impacted me.


No comments:

Post a Comment