Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Just Me

Jaden
It's a Hebrew name
originally spelled 'Jadon'
but that's not where I got it from.
I got my name from someone have never met,
and someone my mom barely knows.

It's funny that when was younger
my mom use to call me Princess Jadon.
She called me that not knowing the history of the name.
It made me feel special.
like I was apart of some kind of hierarchy,
like Cinderella must have felt on the night of the ball. 

Jaden means "God has heard"
What is that suppose to mean..?
What could he possible have heard..?
Mom says he heard her prayers to the angels,
but I don't buy it.

I enjoy being the only Jaden in my class, 
and in my school.
Although,
 I am doleful my name is becoming more and more common.. for boys.
It makes me resentful,
especially when its spelled wrong.

I honestly do love my name though. 
I love it like a bee loves honey.
My name is uncommon, creative, and different,
just like the way I like to think I am.
Extroverted but not over the top.

14 comments:

  1. Nice Job Jaden. I especially liked stanzas one and three. I already knew that Jaden was a hebrew name, but I liked you you incorperated it into your poem and then used it throughout. Well done! Your personality certainly shows in your writing =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is already a great masterpiece, and that's enough to be said already. :b I love love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Jaden (: I like it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the personalness of your poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved how you really went in depth with your name's meaning. Great job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaden,

    Fantastic. I like how you talked about boys taking your name. My nephew is named Aiden... Close but not quite stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you told what your name meant and I love your name. And I also agree with you that you are extrovert but not over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it, it's very "Jaden" it's shows a lot about who you are and how you feel about a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job. I like how you expressed how you felt about your name and the vocabulary that you used. Your personality really shows through this poem and I love your name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poem seemed to just flow together. It's very good, and I agree that you're one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how it didn't have to rhyme too sound amazing. The way you state what it means but don't agree with the meaning was interesting. I love your name. Princess Jadon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job jaden I like the way you formatted this and how it was very creative yet infromative about your names meaning to you and the general meaning of your name

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was good and very opinionated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you did an amazing job lol and I'm sorry I had to blow my noise but I heard everything and I think you are an amazing writing and I love your name :))))

    ReplyDelete