Friday, November 9, 2012

Oh Sarah...

   I have read thousands of books in my short 15 years, but one books stands apart from all the rest. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen is my favorite book of all time. The story is about a young girl named Annabel Green. She seems to have the perfect life, but on the inside she is falling apart. Her sister has an eating disorder, her mom is crippling from depression, and she can not tell ANY one  not even her ex-bestfriend, what happened at the party that summer.
   I do not know why I fell in love with this book so much. I do not see myself in Annabel, though I see myself as wanting to be Annabel. Sarah Dessen does a fantastic job making all of her characters very relatable. Dessen is also probably my favorite author, because I own all 10 of her books and have read most of them more than once. Her writing makes me crave more and inspires me to write. My mother actually got me started reading Dessen and I have been addicted ever since. I own a book that was signed by her, though I have never actually met her. I would give anything to met her and let her know how much her and her books have meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment