Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All of the Lights

    We live in a very modern world. Our world absolutely depends on electricity; laptops, cell phones, TVs, washers, dryers, and much, much more all depend on electricity. So image a world without electricity. What is there to do? Go outside? Play a board game? This all sounds old fashioned to us nowadays, but this is because families do not take the time to turn off their devices and actually have family time. So if the entire world were suddenly and completely cut off billions of people would be lost.
    I would most miss the lights. Of course, the first few days I would miss my cell phone, or my TV shows, but I can definitely live without them. On the other hand, I would miss my lights right away. I do not like being in the dark, at all. I am actually kind of afraid of the dark... I use the lights when there is no more sunlight left outside. Of course if it came down too it I could use candles, but as I stated, I am afraid of the dark and candles do not give off enough light for my standards. For me, lights are not just for keeping the monsters away during the night, I find so much beauty in looking at a lit up skyline, or twinkling Christmas lights on a snowy house. People often take lighting for granted because it is so easily available. For example, when stumbling around in the dark its much easier to flip a switch than fumbling around for a candle and a match. Even thought lights are very use full they can also be very expensive and waste a lot of electricity, which is exactly why I make it a point to turn off the lights when they are not in use, and save as much electricity for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment