Friday, October 19, 2012

The Unchangeable

      I live with no regrets. Life is too short to constantly wish you had a do-over, so I make sure that I am happy with the choices I make. Although, I did not start living this lifestyle until I was a bit older and I was aware of the choices and consequences of life. It is not everyday that someone asks you "If you could change one thing that has happened in life, what would it be?"
      This has been a surprisingly difficult subject for me to write about, because the one thing I regret and want to change is something I do not enjoy talking about. It is not something I could even change if given the chance. It happened and that is that. No external force could has possibly made the outcome any different. But, IF I could change the unchangeable, I would go back and make sure my sister was born.
       I know that everyone has "their time" and death is inescapable but I wish I would have known her. I wish she would have gotten a chance to see the world and know how much her family loves her. I wish she could have opened her eyes at least once to see the world. Then we could finally know the color of her inexperienced eyes.
   It pains me to think of the "what if's". What if everything would have gone smoothly? What if we took her home? What if she grew up to be beautiful and smart? It pains me so much I have force myself to stop thinking sometimes. That is one of the main reasons I live with no regrets, I do not have time to sit around and imaging what times would have been like. Things happen for a reason. I have come to accept that, it took me a while, but I finally accepted it.

   

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about this. Thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us.

    ReplyDelete