Thursday, February 14, 2013

Past, Present, Future.

High School is a rough time for everyone, but being in Early College High School is a completely different story. It is very different than the other schools that I have atteneded. It is more demanding academicly and emotionally. Even before my education I have had my struggles, but I have also had great accomplishments and still have aspirations for my future.

I have always considered myself to be a fairly good student; this is not to say that I have not have my fair share of academic struggles. While some of my strong points are reading and English, I tend to struggle with math. The subject just does not come easy to me and I have trouble keeping up with the rest of the class. I often get discouraged because of this and tend to give up. Although, I have been trying to push myself this year, which is a struggle because of my procrastination and laziness. I have a tendency to put what I have to do off until the very last minute, then not finish it because I just simply do not feel like it. Despite my academic flaws I have also had some pretty good accomplishments.

I have never done anything spectacular in my schooling but I have achieved some significant accomplishments. One of my best accomplishments was in my 6th grade year at Lakeview Elementary when I won a county wide essay contest about energy conservation. I had written the best essay out of all of Lorain County Schools, and received 4 tickets to a Cleveland Cavilers game. (This was also the very first basketball game I went too). During the same school year I also found that I was reading at a college reading level, which was very exciting for me because I love to read and it was great to finally see it paying off. Another accomplishment that I feel is important is how I kept decent grades. Between being involved in activities outside of school and also putting homework and projects off until the last minute, I am very proud that I have maintained decent grades during my years of schooling. However, these accomplishments are in the past and I am looking forward to my future aspirations.

The future is big and bright ahead of me, so the question is what to do with it. My academic aspirations are fairly simple and can probably be considered short term goals. First I want to get all A's at least one semester. I have been trying to achieve this goal for a while but my math grade always holds me back. Hopefully I can break the habit and get this checked off my list. Second, I want to get high scores on my ACT and SAT tests. These scores will help me with getting into the colleges that I really want to get into, and if I get high enough scores I will have bragging rights. Third, I want to graduate Early College at the top of my class. I might have some stiff competition but I believe that if I push myself harder I can actually do it. I believe that if I kick my bad habits and push myself I can actually reach my goals.

Looking past my flaws in my education, I have achieved some pretty good goals and I have more to strive for. I will not give up on my dreams no matter what obstacles I face. I have been challenged in the past and I know that if I really put my mind to it I can do anything I want to do and more.

1 comment:

  1. Jaden, I love your honesty and determination. You will be very successful if you keep working hard! Don't let Vasi beat you up with his math problems!

    ReplyDelete