Friday, May 24, 2013

Live and forgive.

For a while, I was angry
I even hated you for being away
Most of all, I missed the person I never knew
I knew very much that it was not my fault,
And I never blamed this on myself
Because it was your choice to leave
You knew all too well that you messed up,
You knew what you did was wrong,
You knew exactly why you lost everything, as so you say
Time healed my wounds,
and the many questions
Then you came back
Thirteen years later
You.
Came.
Back.
I was not thrilled with the situation as some would expect.
Neither was my family
Or even my friends
They say "the past is the past" but I could not look at you the same way I did in my imagination
I know I should forgive you
And please understand that I am trying to get past it.
But something's take more than an apology and going out for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment